Applying for and renewing your liquor licence in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain made EASY with African + Eastern! If you are non-Muslim and over 21 years, all you have to do is follow these very simple steps...
Liquor Licence in Abu Dhabi
To apply for new licence
The Special Licence Office (Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority) has introduced a new online application process for the consumers in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. New liquor licences will be issue by the Special Licence Office. Licences issued by the Abu Dhabi Police will remain valid until their expiry.
- You will have to log on to www.auhsl.ae.
- Register online to the website
- Once registered, you will have go to the New card Application section in the webiste and log in using your user name & password.
- You will have to fill up the online application form and attached following documents
A passport sized digital image of yourself in jpeg (.jpg) format. The image size should not exceed 1MB.
A scanned image of your Emirates ID. Make sure it is in the upright position and does not exceed 1MB.
Passport Information Page
A scanned image of your passport information page. Make sure it is in the upright position and does not exceed 1MB.
Residence Visa Page
A scanned image of your residence visa page from your passport in the upright position. Make sure it does not exceed 1MB.
A scanned image of your salary certificate or 6 months worth of bank statements. Please ensure that they are in pdf (.pdf) or jpeg (.jpg) format and do not exceed 3MB.
If you are a non-Muslim and have a passport from a Muslim Country, you will require a religious certificate issued by your home embassy.The format should be jpeg (.jpg) and the size should not exceed 1MB.
Once approved, you would get a mail and will be able to collect your licence from any of our stores We can also help you in processing your online liquor licence application. Please contact our nearest store and our staff will be able to help you out.
To renew your liquor licence
- Existing Licences issued by the Abu Dhabi Police will remain valid until their expiry, after which you will have to apply for a new licence through the online application process.
To renew your existing licence issued by Special Licence Office (Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority)
- You will have to log on to www.auhsl.ae using your user id and password
- Go to the supplementary licence section in the website to renew your licence
- Once approved, you would get a mail and will be able to collect your licence from any of our stores
We can also help you in processing your online liquor licence application. Please contact our nearest store and our staff will be able to help you out.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
You must live in Abu Dhabi
You must be over 21 years of age
You must be non-Muslim
You are entitled to a maximum alcohol purchase limit of 20% of your basic salary
Alcohol beverages purchased are for your personal use only and resale is strictly prohibited
With an alcohol licence, you can consume alcohol purchased only at your personal residence or any private residence that you are a guest at
Purchased alcohol cannot be openly displayed or carried in public
You may only purchase alcohol beverages at Abu Dhabi- licenced retail stores
Inebriation in public will result in incarceration as per UAE Law
Driving under the influence is strictly prohibited with the zero tolerance rule being observed
Your licence may be withdrawn at any time upon violation of the aforementioned rules and regulations
Your licence has to be renewed on an annual basis